One of my favorite sandwiches to get from Tropical Smoothie cafe is their Rustic Turkey and Apple Club. I order mine sans cheese and bacon, and I think it tastes delicious and is full of flavor. I decided to try to make the sandwich myself because it's not wise for a college student to be eating out all that often. Though I don't know the exact recipe Tropical Smoothie makes, I have a feeling that there's is heavier on the mayonnaise and might use their turbinado sugar so I made some alterations.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 2 Apples of your choice (I used fuji)
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil Mayonnaise (substitute for Veganaise for vegan alt.)
- 1/2 cup of Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Celery Seed
D I R E C T I O N S
- Wash produce and dry
- Tear the leaves off of the kale to remove the stem and use kitchen shears to cut them into tiny pieces
- Using a grater or knife, julienne your apples
- Place prepared kale and apples into a large bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything together (it's easier if you just use clean hands) until well combined
Serve alone, as a side, or on a sandwich! If you manage to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This slaw is 10x better than your average coleslaw because it is low in sugar and packed with the amazing benefits of kale that will nourish your body!